Saturday, August 4, 2012

Going Caveman?

I'm a terrible dieter....I just have to admit it. Yet, when some friends told us they had switched to a "Paleo Lifestyle" to live healthier, I have to say, I was intrigued. 

Fortunately, Paleo recipes abound, and I discovered that by eliminating just a few food items from our diet, we could be Paleo, as well. Unfortunately, those items are some of the foods I love most: breads, rice and sweets. 

But, we're giving it a shot. After just one week, I do feel better and I've dropped some pounds. I really haven't missed any of the foods, expect maybe bread, but I'm looking at options to help with that!

For our first evening meal, we decided on BBQ Chicken...no surprise there! But, following the Paleo way, we found the perfect chicken and fresh ingredients. 

If you're looking to make a healthy life-style change, try going "Caveman" for a turn!

Grilled Chicken with Rosemary and Bacon
(adapted from the wonderful recipes found at: www.paleoplan.com)

In a bowl combine: 
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

Brush the spices over 6-8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Next, place a sprig of rosemary over each chicken breast. Wrap a piece of bacon around each chicken breast and secure with toothpicks that have been soaked in water.

Grill away!

Serve with fresh fruit and grilled veggies for the perfect Paleo meal.

The chicken can also be cooked on the stove top, but the flavor of the garlic and rosemary blended with the charcoal taste is heavenly!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment